Saturday, June 16, 2012

Welcome!

Hello All,

Welcome to my blog!  This is where we will chronicle our journey to bring Evan home.  I hope you will bookmark our link and come back and share our journey.  When it is daytime here, it is nighttime in China. I hope this will help all of our loved ones share our exitement as we travel to meet my new son, Ben's new brother, Evan. 

(Some of you may remember I had a website for Ben's adoption.  Sadly, that site got wiped out by the company who was hosting it.  That's another story.  However, this is a free site, so I am hoping it won't be mistakenly deleted. I will be sure to copy EVERYTHING this time, just in case.  )

Where are we now?  I started on Evan's adoption in March 2011.  China had re-opened to single parents and I thought, "It's now or never!"   I have my wonderful son Ben, adopted in 2006, who desperately wanted a sibling.  Ben is 9 now.  I gave him a choice, a brother or a sister?  "Definitely a brother!  Girls are too bossy!"  I began looking through the agency lists of "waiting children," and kept going back to one little boy with the sweetest smile.  He was 5, (turned 6 in January).  He reminded me of Ben.  Auntie Anita came to visit and she fell in love with him, also.  SO....the paper work began!

Fast Forward:  It is June 16th and I am in a frenzy trying to prepare to leave Savannah.  We will leave for my Mother's house in RI on June 22nd.  Then, Anita and I will board a plane to China on June 28th.  I will finally meet my new son on July 2nd.  Why don't you all join us for the ride?



1 comment:

  1. I will definitely be coming along on the ride! I am putting your blog name on my blog, so that I can keep up with it! I am also putting it in my favorites. I'm very happy for you, Ben, and Evan!!

    ReplyDelete