Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Yesterday the Zoo, today the Consulate!


Yesterday the Zoo, today the Consulate!

Yesterday, Evan passed his TB test with flying colors.  If he had not passed, he would have had to have a chest x-ray.  Sometimes the tests can yield a false positive, so I am glad there was no reaction at all.  The guide explained that she has only seen one child test positive for TB and that child had to remain in China for 6 months for treatment.  This meant the parents had to go and then return.  Yikes!   That had to be devastating!

After the doctor, we went to the zoo.  Another family here just adopted a 2 year old little girl and they are using the same guide, so we all went together.  It was very hot, and Evan is from more northern regions, so he is unaccustomed to the extreme heat. (I guess he is going to have to adjust to GA, then!)   Still, he did very well and walked through most without complaining.  At the end, I gave him a piggy back ride. 

We did not see the entire zoo, but we saw tigers, pandas and brown bears.  We also saw an elephant, peacocks, and camels.  I am happy to report that the zoo was well kept and the areas the animals lived in were similar to what we have at home.  After the zoo, Evan and I relaxed at the hotel and spent some time in the play room.

TODAY is a big day!  We go to the U.S. Consulate to get Evan’s visa to come home finally.  Tomorrow we will pick up paperwork that results from this visit, and then the next day we fly!    I have to admit I am very homesick.  We Skype with my Mom and Ben every night, but I miss them soooo much.  I miss my Benjamin more than I can say.  I am going to hug the stuffing out of him when I see him!  Though Evan is improving every day, I think when we come together as a family it is going to take time for him to adjust. Ben is so calm and agreeable; I know Evan is going to try to get his way about everything.  (I know my sister Peg is laughing right now! LOL.)    Oh well.  Thankfully it is summer break and we will have time to work out the “bumps” prior to returning to a full routine.   

More later ….we may go to a museum later that Kim Garafano Mowbray recommended. 

I miss you all! 



No comments:

Post a Comment